LABORATORY OF COMPUTER GRAPHICS
Head of the Laboratory -
Dr. Sc.(Tech.), Professor V.A. Bobkov
Total - 9
Researchers - 4
Dr. Sc. - 1
PhD - 1
Main research directions
- Visualization and modeling of complex spatial scenes: voxel graphics, volume rendering, image-based rendering.
- Methods and algorithms of computer vision.
- Satellite image processing in solving problems of atmospheric and oceanic currents construction.
- Voxel graphic system using concurrent processing and realization of original algorithmic foundation that includes constructive geometry, ray-tracing in octant trees, etc. Applications: visualization of oceanology data and medical measurements data.
- A simulation system for the investigation of the motion of an autonomous underwater vehicle. Reconstruction and visualization of city environment.
- Relaxation-contour method for sea currents and atmospheric wind detection.
- V.A. Bobkov, Y.I. Ronshin, S.V. Melman. Voxel scenes visualization. Information Technology, 2005, No. 6, pp.16-19.
- Y.S. Borisov. Visualization of city environment by means of plenoptic method. Siberian Journal of Computational Mathematics, Sib. Branch of RAS, Novosibirsk, 2006. Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 101-109.
- V.A. Bobkov, A.V. Kazansky, M.A. Morozov, A.A. Shebyenkova. Relaxation-contour algorithm for sea currents detection from satellite images and its synoptic verification. Autometry, No. 1, 2003, pp. 73-81.