LABORATORY OF MATHEMATICAL MODELING OF OCEAN PROCESSES
Head of the Laboratory - Academician V. A. Levin
Total - 7
Researchers - 5
Dr. Sc. - 1
PhD - 4
Main research directions
- Mathematical modeling of the dynamic of atmosphere and ocean using satellite information.
- Mathematical modeling in mechanics of multiphase and reacting media.
- A parallel numerical implementation of a free-surface ocean dynamics model has been developed. The free-surface model is based on full nonlinear "primitive" equations of the ocean.
- A numerical method for calculating gas cooling of heat sources in porous media, which may arise from natural or technogenic disasters, has been proposed.
- An analytical model for retrieving integral parameters of the troposphere (TIPs) from multi-channel IR measurements has been developed, which could equally suit measurements in the transmission windows and in the sensing channels with strong absorption.
- V.A. Levin, S.V. Smirnov. On one numerical implementation of a free-surface ocean dynamics model. Matematicheskoe modelirovanie. 2006. Vol.18. No.4, pp. 19-34.
- V.A. Levin, N.A. Lutsenko. Appearance of unsteady conditions of cooling of porous heat-evolutional elements in undercritical boundary conditions. Combustion and Plasmochemistry, 2005, Vol. 3, No.2, pp. 81-90.
- A.V. Kazanskii. Physical model for retrieving integral parameters of the troposphere from satellite IR measurements. Atmospheric and Oceanic Optics, Vol.19, 2006, No. 5, pp. 380-386.