LABORATORY OF SATELLITE MONITORING
Head of the Laboratory -
PhD .(Computer Sciences.), A.I. Alexanin
Total - 15
Researchers - 6
PhD - 2
Main research directions
- Detection of sea surface temperature.
- Estimation of circulation parameters of sea surface.
- Identification of the basic oceanographic objects - eddies, fronts, currents, etc.
- Information support of research vessels for prompting on oceanic objects.
- Monitoring of tropical cyclones-typhoons.
- Round the clock the Complex of three separate antennas receives digital information from the meteorological satellites working with frequencies nearby 1.7 GHz and 8 GHz.
- Daily reception, processing, delivery and archiving of data from polar-orbital satellites NOAA, FY-1D, AQUA/MODIS and geostationary satellites FY-2C, MTSAT-1R is being carried out. (The Archive of the digital satellite information is held since 1993.)
- Original methods and software for atmospheric correction, cloud filtration, calculation and construction of instant and composite (lasting many days) fields and charts of various geophysical parameters have been developed.
- A. I. Alexanin, M. G. Alexanina, and I. I. Gorin. Satellite IR images: from thermal structures to the field of velocities. Remote Sensing, Russia, 2001, No. 2, pp. 7-15.
- A. I. Alexanin and M. G. Alexanina. Detection of stable synoptic structures of ocean surface on satellite IR images. Pattern Recognition and Image Analysis, Vol. 15, No. 2, 2005, pp. 487-489.
- D. A. Bolovin. Automatic localization of strip noise on the images received from geostationary satellites with the restoration of damaged information. Remote sensing, Russia, 2006, No. 3, pp. 41-48.