LABORATORY OF SEMICONDUCTOR AND INSULATOR TECHNOLOGY
Head of the Laboratory -
Corresponding Member of RAS A.A. Saranin
Researchers - 8,
Dr. Sc. - 2,
PhD - 6.
Main research directions
- Investigation of formation processes, structure and properties of submonolayer films (surface phases) of adsorbates on semiconductor surfaces.
- Investigation of critical phenomena, including phase transitions, in the low-dimensional systems.
- Design of the techniques for controlling structure and properties of the nanostructures and fabrication of functional elements for semiconductor nanoelectronics.
- Possibility for controlled modification of nanocluster composition and electronic properties (cluster doping) was demonstrated.
- A number of unknown reversible phase transitions were found in monoatomic films of metals on semiconductor surfaces.
- Possibility for controlling the structure of surface phases by adding foreign atoms was demonstrated.
- Lifshits V. G., Saranin A. A., Zotov A. V. Surface Phases on Silicon. John Wiley & Sons, Chichester (1994) 454 p.
- Kotlyar V. G., Zotov A. V., Saranin A. A., Kasyanova T. V., Chukurov E. N., Pisarenko I. V., Lifshits V. G. Doping of magic nanoclusters in submonolayer In/Si(100) system. Phys. Rev. Lett. 91(2), 026104-4 (2003).
- Gruznev D. V., Filippov I. N., Olyanich D. A., Chubenko D. N., Kuyanov I. A., Saranin A. A., Zotov A. V., Lifshits V. G. Si(111)- - ?3??3-Au phase modified by In adsorption: stabilization of a homogeneous surface by stress relieving. Phys. Rev. B 73(11), 115335-7 (2006).